Saturday, December 11, 2010

Poo and Pervs

One of my jobs, besides putting things away, is to clean up at the end of the day.  This entails pushing chairs in, putting away the puppets in the kids room, picking up piles of books that people have left out, and, of course, checking the bathrooms.  It's become second nature to me now, but when I first started working there I was TERRIFIED of the men's room.  Why?  Good question.  I think it mainly had to do with the fact that, as a lady, I am used to stalls that are all-encompassing, but in the men's room you never know what you might see.
Aside from that, you would probably be suprised at how many times I have encountered poo that someone left behind in he toilet (this goes for the ladies too, I'm not just talking about the men still).  But you always remember your first time.  I stood there for a second just staring at it, wondering where they keep the plunger, and if this was also in my job description.  Luckily, the one librarian's husband was there that night and he took care of it for me so I didn't have to. 
However, I have come to the conclusion that walking in on someone else's poo in the toilet is far better than some of the people themselves.  I learned this lesson early on, because the first poo incident occurred right after the pervy guy incident.  This older fellow stood RIGHT BEHIND ME while I was bending over to shelve some books.  He then proceeded to pull out a book called "Girls and Sex" and flipped through it, as though it might be something he would be interested in reading. 
You can't just flush a guy like that down the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment